526 South Kedzie Hall
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
- Chair, Council on Agricultural Science and Technology Working Group on Ethics and Animal Agricultural Biotechnology, 2006—Present
- Member, Advisory Committee on Biotechnology, Board of Agriculture and Natural Resources, National Research Council, Washington, D.C. 2002— Present
- Member, Scientific Advisory Committee, The Mansholt Graduate School, Wageningen University and Research Institute, The Netherlands, 1996—Present
- Member, Scientific Advisory Committee, Genome Alberta, 2005—Present
- Member, Steering Committee, University of Texas Center on Sustainable Development, Austin, TX, 2002—Present
- Member, Science and Industry Advisory Committee, Genome Canada, 2004—2008
- Member, Executive Committee, Institutional and Behavioral Economics Section, American Agricultural Economics Association, 2006-2008; 2008-2010.
- Member Scientific Advisory Committee, Genome Prairie Research Project, Alberta, Canada, 2002—2005.
- Consultant to the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations on ethics and food safety, 2002.
- Member, Subcommittee on Environmental Consequences from Commercialization of Transgenic Crops, National Research Council, 2000—2001.
- Member, Council on Agricultural Science and Technology Task Force on Urban Agriculture, 2000—2001.
- Faculty, Foundation for American Communications Workshop, The Biotech Food Fight, April 28-30, 2000, Minneapolis, MN.
- Member, Ecological Standards Workgroup, Public Policy Dialog Committee, U. S. Environmental Protection Agency, June 1997—May 1998.
- Member, U. S. Government Agricultural Biotechnology Research Advisory Committee (ABRAC), October 1994 - January 1996.
- Graduate Faculty of the George Bush School for Public Leadership, Texas A&M University, 1996-97.
- Graduate Faculty, Speech Communication and Theater Arts, Texas A&M University, 1992-1997.
- Instructor and Associate Producer, AG*SAT course on Agricultural Ethics, interactive satellite broadcast, Spring 1992.
- Member, Council on Agricultural Science and Technology Task Force on Animal Well Being, 1991-97.
- Organizer and Coordinator, Curriculum and research workshops on ethics in agriculture at University of Florida, University of Kentucky, University of Minnesota, Michigan State University, Oregon State University, Purdue University, Pennsylvania State University, Rutgers University, Texas A&M University, 1984-1998.
- Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Philosophy, Texas A&M University, 1989-1990.
- Visiting Fellow, U.S. Agency for International Development, Bureau of Science & Technology, Office of Agriculture, Washington, DC. 1986 - 87.
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board: Environmental Values,2000-2006; Environmental Ethics, since 2007; Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics, since 1988; Agriculture and Human Values, since 1985.
- Coordinator, Agriculture and Liberal Arts Project, Texas A&M University, 1985-1989.
- Risk Quantification Consultant, Oconee Probabilistic Risk Assessment, Nuclear Safety Analysis Center and the Duke Power Company, Charlotte, NC, 1981.
- Writer and Producer for a pilot episode of a TV program to teach logic, SUNY Stony Brook, 1979.